Solar Powered Chronograph
Introducing new EDIFICE solar powered chronographs with sapphire crystals. These new models add highly scratch-resistant sapphire crystals to the EDIFICE solar-powered EFS-S550 Series chronograph, can be charged even by exposure to fluorescent light.
The Scuderia Toro Rosso racing team constantly pushes the limits of speed in order to remain competitive in the world of F1 racing, while EDIFICE develops and incorporates the latest in chronograph technology to make it possible to measure speed. By partnering with Scuderia Toro Rosso, EDIFICE firmly establishes itself as a leading motorsports chronograph.
The EFS-S550 was developed under the guidance of the Scuderia Toro Rosso pit crew. Solar powered operation, highly scratch resistant sapphire crystals, and 100-meter water resistance all combine to make these the ultimate in pit crew chronograph reliability. A countdown bezel also supports crew timekeeping management. It enables countdown of the time to the next scheduled event or the time remaining until a task being performed needs to be completed.
The models in this lineup are available with a choice of yellow, blue, or orange highlight colors, each of which was selected to maximize viewability and sporty looks. There is also a choice of metal, resin, and nylon bands to suit individual preferences for look and fit.
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- Resin Band
- Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
- Anti-reverse Bezel
- Black ion plated bezel
- 100-meter water resistance
- Solar powered
- 1-second stopwatch , Measuring capacity: 29'59 , Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Date display
- Regular timekeeping , Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute, second), 3 dials (24-hour, stopwatch minutes, stopwatch seconds)
- Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month
- Operating time from full charge until hands stop: Approx. 5 months
- Size of case : 50×47×12mm
- Total weight : 100g