- Movement: Cal. 6R21, Automatic with manual winding capacity, 29 jewels
- Band: Black Crocodile leather, Three-fold clasp with push button release
- Caseback: Stainless steel, Screw-down crown case back
- Glass: Curved sapphire, Super-clear coating
- Dial: Urushi, First, the dials are made with the traditional Urushi technique in which jet black lacquer is painted by hand onto the metal base of the dial, dried and then polished. These processes are repeated several times until the craftsman has achieved the exact depth of black that he desires.
- Byakudan-nuri, Using a new layer of Urushi as the binding agent, the sub-dials are then sprinkled with a layer of very fine metallic powder. The whole dial is then repeatedly painted with a red-tinged semi-transparent Urushi lacquer and then each new layer is dried and polished for as many times as the craftsman deems necessary. The effect is subtle but deeply satisfying. While the red of the sub-dials is deep, these two dials catch the light and shine when the ambient light grows brighter, just as parts of the sky catch the dawn light before others.
- Maki-e, Now it is time to add the moon, using the Maki-e technique, in the form of the crescent shaped power reserve indicator. As with the Byakudan-nuri technique, the crescent is first coated with a layer of Urushi lacquer that acts as the adhesive for the fine, gilt-colored powder that is then applied to it. Once the powder is on the dial, the craftsman gently taps it to disperse the powder evenly across the surface and then uses his own specially chosen material to perfect the surface. The result is an indicator that not only reflects the shape of the crescent moon but has the moon’s shimmering, granular texture and contrasts with the smoothness of the sky against which it stands out.
- Case Size: 44 (crown) x 48 x 13 mm (thickness)
- Weight: 94g
- Water Resistant: 100 Meter
- Function: Day/Date display, Power reserve display
Shop New Arrivals
Why Our Customers Love Us
With our efficient and outstanding customer service, you can shop at Watchspree with a peace of mind.